7.5 CME & CE CREDITS OFFERED AT PATHOLOGY VISIONS 2022
Pathology Visions covers a broad range of topics relevant to digital pathology. Digital pathology is growing rapidly as a method of viewing microscopic glass slides virtually. It encompasses the steps of scanning, interpretation, manipulation, analysis, distribution and management. Digital images can be used for a wide variety of purposes, from education, evaluation and research.
At Pathology Visions, the Digital Pathology Association offers workshops to bring attendees the most cutting-edge educational content, and continuing medical education credits for those in attendance.
- Understand the current state of technology and the recommended guidelines (by CAP and others) for using digital pathology in pathology practice.
- Be familiar with the best practices of digital pathology in improving diagnostic accuracy, workflow and cost reduction.
- Understand the pitfalls and barriers to going digital, and be familiar with available resources and networking opportunities in the digital pathology community to overcome these challenges.
- Understand the opportunities for AI in digital pathology.
- Be familiar with the practical financial, regulatory and connectivity issues in digital pathology.
- Knowing the utility and advantage of digital pathology and incorporate it in every aspect of pathology practice including patient care, education, and research.
- Knowing how to overcome barriers in implementation, regulation, and reimbursement.
- Practicing digital pathology following the recommended guidelines for better patient care.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and Digital Pathology Association. The College of American Pathologists is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The CAP designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CE (Continuing Education for non-physicians)
The CAP designates this educational activity for a maximum of 7.5 credits of continuing education. Participants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
California and Florida Statement
This activity is approved for continuing education credit in the states of California and Florida.
The content of this CME activity does not necessarily reflect the view or policies of the College of American Pathologists.
How to Claim CME Credit
Approximately four to six weeks after the event, you will receive an email from the CAP with instructions on claiming your credit(s)/hour(s) and printing your online certificate. You will click on the link supplied in the email and log in using your CAP User ID and Password. If you do not have a User ID and Password, please follow the instructions below on how to create a CAP Web account:
- Go to www.cap.org
- Click Log In/Log In
- Click Create An Online Account
- Complete the information requested to set up your CAP Web account
You will be sent an email within 24-48 hours after the account has been created and you can log on to the website.
You must claim your CME credit(s)/hour(s) within six months of the date the learning activity was completed. If you have not claimed after six months, the credits for this activity will remain as unclaimed on your CAP Learning Transcript and you will not be able to claim credits.
If you misplace your email or do not receive one, you can claim your CME credit(s)/hour(s) and print your certificate from the CAP website:
- Go to cap.org and log in with your individual User ID and Password
- Click Education from the top menu bar
- Click Education Transcript from the top menu bar
- Locate the course title and click on the title
- Click Continue
- On the Claim Credit tab, click Claim and follow the directions to claim credit
- Click Continue to access your certificate
If you have any questions, please contact the CAP Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-323-4040 Option 1.